Tuesday 8 January 2013

Guess who is back…





It has been a year and a half since I last wrote a blog post on No Rules Required. Normally I would try and justify the reason for not committing to my own creation, giving you reasons for why I have been on this hiatus. Yet this time I do not want to.

I have realised after spending the last year and a half building up White Paper Games with Pete and teaching games design at Futureworks that excuses do not get you anywhere (even on a blog) and that in fact it is best to own up to your own failures and weaknesses so that you can learn from them and move forward.

With this in mind I have decided to do just that with my blog by utilising my paper based journals as influence for my writings making it easier to commit to writing about design, games, ideas and education.

To kick start this new blogging spree I have also decided to throw a few catch up posts out there entitled ‘Wot I have been up to’ that will be looking at a few aspects of my career, achievements and challenges over the past year and half that I feel are worth discussing.

All in all I feel positive about this new venture and I feel that No Rules Required is once again going to be a larger part of my life, my company and, most important of all, my ideas and designs. 

No comments: